News and Features
In The Expendable Man, the story of an innocent under suspicion is given a racial twist.
A former voter ID supporter realizes the real racial motive behind supposedly “common sense” reforms.
An important court decision stayed the GOP’s voter-suppression scheme in Pennsylvania. But that battle, and others like it across the nation, is only just beginning.
An audio recording of a stop-and-frisk in action sheds unprecedented light on a practice that has put the city’s young people of color in the NYPD's cross hairs.
The former black congressman became a star among tea partiers after coming out in support of Voter ID laws.
How right-wing Jewish organizatons misrepresent both the views and the influence of American Jews.
This election has posed a challenge of self-control for Republicans raised on a diet of welfare queens and Willie Horton.
While preventing a Republican triumph is imperative, we should have no illusions about Obama.
In four close Western races, the tribal population could tip the balance.
Like ACT UP's action at Saint Patrick's Cathedral, Pussy Riot's Punk Prayer at Christ the Savior was both a political protest and a sincere religious performance.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box