News and Features
A new report by civil liberties groups reveals self-censorship and decreased participation in community groups as a result of police hounding.
There is nothing in Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio’s record to suggest that he will reform the Catholic Church.
Section 5 is as necessary today as it was in 1965, when Alabama state troopers beat freedom marchers in Selma.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is continuing the city’s tradition of refusing to apologize for the torture of scores of black men under police commander Jon Burge.
If the Catholic Church is to change, the first thing that needs to happen is no pope, and certainly not an infallible one.
Amos Oz and Fania Oz-Salzberger’s Jews and Words.
Glenn Harris discusses the goals and tactics of Seattle's unique "Race and Social Justice Initiative."
Joseph Anton is a tale of betrayals: of free speech, communities, religion, marriages, personal convictions, friends.
Rarely has the McCarthyite smear of “anti-Semitism” been revealed to be so empty as in the case of Obama’s DoD nominee.
It’s tempting to let the GOP continue its slide toward irrelevance—but that would deny this country the robust political debate we need.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth
- Hundreds of Non-Union Workers With Taxpayer-Supported Jobs Plan to Strike Today