News and Features
For Nadine Gordimer in 1983, the arts in South Africa were simply “the sum of various states of alienation.”
African-Americans and white people struggled together during the civil rights era. We need that once again.
A new investigation by The Intercept reveals how racist anti-Muslim neocons are driving the nation’s law enforcement agenda.
Despite the president’s promise to cut funding to discredited HIV and pregnancy prevention programs, taxpayer dollars are still bankrolling anti-gay, anti-choice conservative religious groups.
Joshua DuBois makes an unconvincing argument against the criticism of President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative.
Last week Saba Ahmed became yet another Muslim punching bag for the right, who refuse to listen to her game-changing plan to fight extremism.
In a guise of scientific seriousness, Nicholas Wade’s new book revives the discredited ideas of history’s most notorious racists.
The religious exemption in the current version of ENDA would enshrine the idea that LGBT equality is incompatible with the free exercise of religion.
A new book distorts science to define race.
This latest evidence of hatred is an alarming reminder of how a wonderful educational project continues to stand on precarious ground.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box