News and Features
The “rising American electorate” carried Obama and a strong slate of Democrats to victory.
How can progressives balance support for the Democrats with the need to mobilize grassroots support for social and economic causes?
American Freedom Defense Initiative's Islamophobic ad campaign faced massive pushback from the forces of decency and justice.
The documentary, starring the late Andrew Breitbart, is a deranged hodge-podge of bizarre memes, wild dot-connecting and unadulterated fury.
We spoke with organizers, union workers and students in debt who all seem to agree that Occupy isn't over.
A democratic revolution is possible—and necessary.
Contributions to our special issue on Occupy at one by artist and occupier Molly Crabapple.
Those claiming Occupy has failed already forget what other social justice sucesses have taught us: change is slow.
Occupy activists are moving debt from the personal to the political.
While CIA agents that tortured and killed prisoners go unpunished, whistleblower John Kiriakou faces up to forty-five years in prison.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth
- Hundreds of Non-Union Workers With Taxpayer-Supported Jobs Plan to Strike Today