Nation Topics - Movements
50 Progressives Animal Rights Activism Anti-Death Penalty Movement Anti-Nuclear Activism Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions Consumer Rights Dissent After 9-11 Environmental Activism Food Movement Housing Activism Media Activism Occupy Wall Street Peace Activism Ten Things
News and Features
If you live in a toxic environment like this, surrounded by refineries, you’re probably not thinking about some future apocalypse. You’re living in one.
The jury that convicted the Occupier on May 5 had only been given one side of the story.
With Monday’s verdict, McMillan became one of the first Occupy activists to face serious jail time.
Averting planetary disaster will mean forcing fossil fuel companies to give up at least $10 trillion in wealth.
The climate crisis has such bad timing, confronting it not only requires a new economy but a new way of thinking.
Occupy Wall Street activists like Cecily McMillan are still fighting the state, only this time they’re waging their battles in the courts.
Many Israelis, Netanyahu included, were never serious about seeking a two-state solution in the peace negotiations.
He made it clear that on matters of conscience, inaction is unacceptable.
What he gave us was so beautiful, so significant, so strong.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box