News and Features
Why aren’t film director Kathryn Bigelow’s claimed government sources, including employees of the CIA, in jail like Bradley Manning?
Energy in Depth, a PR group for oil interests, is leading a campaign to discredit Matt Damon’s new film.
Girls’s Hannah and Shameless’s Fiona are both penniless twentysomethings finding their way through big cities, but Hannah has a college degree—and a safety net.
How the US intelligence community came out of the shadows.
News organizations thrilled to exploit the information Manning uncovered are deeply afraid of being associated with the brave whistle-blower himself.
How can two generals be hailed as military heroes, when the wars they commanded failed spectacularly?
Petraeus may have had the affair, but we're all responsible for the U.S' worshipful embrace of our military generals.
The merger of Penguin and Random House is part of a trend that has been deadly for literary authors and serious nonfiction.
The Fox News owner resorted to an anti-Semitic canard in attacking alleged media bias against Israel.
The recent World Energy Outlook report that has many cheering U.S. oil supremacy—when it should be setting off alarm bells on the climate crisis.
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box