Nation Topics - Media Analysis
News and Features
CNBC's Jim Cramer has appeared all over the NBC empire defending his financial acumen; Stewart has now rallied the power of Viacom to fight back.
Withdrawing his bid for Surgeon General, CNN's Sanjay Gupta is headed back to TV. But his medical reporting, like his nomination, is worrisome.
Here's an embarrassing 'greatest misses' collection of CNBC's pre-financial meltdown coverage.
Three journalists on the front lines talk about combat reporting in Iraq and Lebanon. What's the real story?
Vanity Fair's Michael Wolff discusses the effect of the protests against a controversial New York Post cartoon on Rupert Murdoch's empire.
Hilarycare...Welfare...Socialism! In case you forgot the bilious opposition the stimulus bill inspired, here is a repulsive recap.
Keith Olbermann explores how Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and other right wingers managed to spread outright lies about the stimulus.
Jon Stewart ridicules the Fox News host for ambushing a Columbia Journalism Review staffer for publishing a piece by a writer from The Nation.
Has the Obama administration's attempt to 'reach the public without having to rely on the mainstream media' worked? Hendrik Hertzberg and other journalists weigh in.
We may have a new government in Washington, but the press corps hasn't changed. Are the media asking the right questions?
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.