Nation Topics - Media Analysis
News and Features
How turning the Murder of Kitty Genovese into a parable erased its particulars.
The NYC mayor as fumbling amateur: this story writes itself, no facts required.
Conservative hysteria over Putin’s aggression in 2014 is eerily reminiscent of right-wing reaction to a previous Crimean adventure, at the dawn of the Cold War.
There is nothing progressive about defending Russia’s role in Syria, no matter how one packages it.
From celebrity deaths to the crisis of the middle class, it’s all their fault.
How the American media misrepresent Putin, Sochi and Ukraine.
For a lot of commentators on all sides, the stakes far exceed the truth of Dylan Farrow’s accusation itself.
Wild Republican accusations have been debunked—but still they continue.
Mark Halperin and John Heilemann’s Double Down entertains, but its contempt for liberalism shows on almost every page.
It’s time to get back to our roots—the grassroots—to fight for reform of an increasingly monopolistic and manipulative media.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.