Nation Topics - LGBT
News and Features
We can pretend the politics of liberation can be tracked along clearly marked lines, or we can remember that history is like desire.
The religious exemption in the current version of ENDA would enshrine the idea that LGBT equality is incompatible with the free exercise of religion.
If it’s all about handing out gold stars or scarlet letters to CEOs and celebrities, then I’ll pass.
Conservatives are suddenly very unhappy to see moral judgments about sex and families invading the corporate realm.
After the defeat of Arizona's SB 1062, the religious right nurses its persecution complex.
Anti-gay laws in Nigeria and Uganda provoke outrage in the US—but Cameroon has quietly been locking up LGBT people for years with little international notice.
Could one of them be on the road to the Supreme Court?
Many gay activists insist that they were born this way, hey. But what about those who choose otherwise?
A wave of anti-gay laws have brought Russia’s LGBT movement into the international spotlight, but activists are divided over strategies, including proposed boycotts.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box