Nation Topics - LGBT
News and Features
Thanks to the fear tactics advocated by the Bush Administration and abetted by many health activists, gay and bisexual men have been engaged in a one-sided conversation about safe sex--all death and no life. Isn't a sex-positive approach more realistic?
From Brokeback Mountain's closeted cowboys to King Kong's
embrace of Anne Darrow, Hollywood has queered cherished icons of
masculinity. But the two films paint a bleak picture: Love that falls
outside the norm must struggle to be something more than
WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes has just come out of the closet. But why
didn't anyone care?
An international furor over the hanging of "two gay teenagers" in Iran.
By engaging the marriage debate only in terms of "gay rights," progressives have put themselves in a losing position.
The pope has minimized priests' crimes while wagging a finger at gays.
Same-sex marriage is a civil rights issue.
An NYU law student asks a Supreme Court Justice, "Do you sodomize your wife?"
Though Mike must do what he thinks right,
A lot of us think it's a pity,
Since we were hoping SpongeBob might
Decide to marry in the city.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box