Nation Topics - LGBT
News and Features
Scrutinizing the machinery of the "straight state."
The Nation's Richard Kim and others discuss the admittedly provocative antics of Sacha Baron Cohen's latest creation.
The Nation's Richard Kim participates in a panel discussion on the role of LGBT politics within the progressive movement.
Nation contributor Lisa Duggan reflects on the state of the gay rights movement, forty years after Stonewall.
Since Obama traced his dazzling arc to the presidency, his stance on gay rights has become murkier, and more Clintonian.
In the nation's reddest state, Salt Lake City queers are making big love.
The Nation's Richard Kim joins a panel discussion on the impact of Prop 8 in California being upheld and more.
The (totally straight) Colbert Coalition has formed to oppose same-sex marriage--and make a commercial about it.
With Barack Obama's inauguration, Gene Robinson has hope that an openly gay person can become president in the future.
The IRS forbids religious organizations from "substantially" lobbying for political legislation. Did the Mormon Church violate this law?
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box