Nation Topics - Legislative Campaigns and Elections
News and Features
Major tech donors are investing in Ro Khanna. To get to Washington, he’ll have to push another Democrat out of the way.
First, the EMILY’s List-backed Eloise Reyes has to get through the primary.
From Ohio to Maine to Mississippi, voters rejected the conservative agenda on key issues.
Why is one of the leading Republican candidates for president trying to stop the direct election of senators?
The Democrats’ loss in New York's 9th District was an ominous rebuke to the president. Good thing he won’t be suggesting entitlement reform next week.
Obama doesn't have the spine for the job. Russ Feingold does.
Conventional wisdom says Republicans made gains in the midterms because Obama tried to do too much and was too liberal. Wrong.
On a night when Republicans pulled off the largest shift in party power since 1938, they also seemed, paradoxically, to be an endangered species.
In the wake of Congressman Tom Perriello's loss, it's tempting to conclude that politics based on conviction simply doesn't work. But that would be the wrong lesson to take away.
The wave of GOP wins extends to governorships and state houses, too.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box