News and Features
My life as a temp in California’s Inland Empire, the belly of the online shopping beast.
Passenger service workers earn significantly lower wages than the largely unionized airline employees with whom they work. Now they’re organizing to change that.
A landmark ruling by the National Labor Relations Board says Walmart unlawfully harassed and fired employees for protesting.
Surging union growth and militancy is due to courageous leaders like Kalpona Akter: child laborer at 12, union president at 15, she’s now head of the Bangladesh Center for Worker Solidarity.
The country must find the political will to end this national disgrace.
Young farm workers are falling ill from “green tobacco sickness” while the industry denies it and government lets it happen.
Under pressure, the Obama administration withdrew rules barring young laborers from dangerous work—a decision with grave consequences for several families.
People like Luis Rivera are being locked out of the formal workforce forever thanks to one youthful mistake.
The devaluation of “content” is bad for readers and for democracy.
The mayoral hopeful is one of the most high-profile politicians to come out in support of the growing movement for low-wage workers’ rights.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box