Nation Topics - Iraqi Reconstruction and Occupation
News and Features
Some might say it's tacky to rain on the President's parade, but two crucial news stories compel it.
(A Song Sung in the Shower Every Morning by
George W. Bush)
The Bush Adminstration's ten biggest scandals.
I was listening to Morning Edition on December 30, and up came one of those end-of-the-year heart-warmers that's supposed to make you feel there's hope for this old world yet.
Defending Rumsfeld, Bush says Rummy's great,
That as a planner he has been first rate--
Respected in the White House and the ranks.
Why was a notorious mercenary awarded a $293 million Pentagon contract?
How the neocons created a "scandal" to punish a critic of US foreign policies.
So it turns out Pottery Barn doesn't even have a rule that says, "You break it, you own it." According to a company spokesperson, "in the rare instance that something is broken in the store, it's
Protests over the conduct of the Iraq war are mounting from what seems an unlikely place: the ranks of the military.
Click here to read Klein's "You Asked for my Evidence, Mr Ambassador. Here It Is. In Iraq, the US Does Eliminate Those Who Dare to Count the Dead," published in the Dec. 4, 2004 Guardian.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box