Nation Topics - Iraqi Reconstruction and Occupation
News and Features
(The Bushes Do "My Fair Lady" at the Inaugural Balls)
As elections near, guerrillas are conducting their own "shock and awe" campaign.
The mushroom-shaped cloud Condi spun
As being the next smoking gun
Was hooey invented to show
Attacking Iraq's apropos.
In the run-up to the January 30 election in Iraq, the prospects for a fair and credible outcome have steadily diminished.
Some might say it's tacky to rain on the President's parade, but two crucial news stories compel it.
(A Song Sung in the Shower Every Morning by
George W. Bush)
The Bush Adminstration's ten biggest scandals.
I was listening to Morning Edition on December 30, and up came one of those end-of-the-year heart-warmers that's supposed to make you feel there's hope for this old world yet.
Defending Rumsfeld, Bush says Rummy's great,
That as a planner he has been first rate--
Respected in the White House and the ranks.
Why was a notorious mercenary awarded a $293 million Pentagon contract?
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’