Nation Topics - Iraqi Reconstruction and Occupation
News and Features
"The Iraqi people gave America the biggest 'thank you' in the best way we could have hoped for." Reading this election analysis from Betsy Hart, a columnist for the Scripps Howard News Service, I
Introspection is not the purpose of this occasional column, but a moment of it seems appropriate in the wake of the election recently held in Iraq.
Conservatives' persistent complaints about the United Nations' alleged lack of transparency are belied by the Interim Report of Paul Volcker's Independent Inquiry Committee into the Oil for Food
In the time since the historic election in Iraq, several liberal Democrats in Congress have been trying to kick-start a national debate--or at least a Congressional debate--on withdrawing US troo
Careful what you wish for in Iraq.
So now this election is done.
What will follow it--maybe a
Reversal so women can drive
Cars in Saudi Arabia?
The determination and hopefulness of Iraqis on election day were captured in many dispatches, none better than in one by British journalist Robert Fisk.
After the excellent election news, it's time for Bush to plan a pullout.
(The Bushes Do "My Fair Lady" at the Inaugural Balls)
As elections near, guerrillas are conducting their own "shock and awe" campaign.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.