Nation Topics - Iraqi Reconstruction and Occupation
News and Features
As the Pentagon scours Iraq for weapons of mass destruction and Iraqi
links to Al Qaeda, it's increasingly obvious that the Bush
Administration either distorted or deliberately exaggerated the
"If you want to avoid another Saddam Hussein, you have to work
toward peace and democracy in the Middle East."
"What amazes me is that the President himself is not clamoring for an investigation."
How to "privatize" a country and make millions.
The streets of Baghdad are a swamp of crime and uncollected garbage.
Battered local businesses are going bankrupt, unable to compete with
Under cover of darkness in the early morning hours of March 18, Qusay
Saddam Hussein carted off nearly $1 billion in hard currency from Iraq's
Clarification: George W. Bush's proclamation of Al Qaeda as "not a problem anymore" was a reference to top Al Qaeda
operatives, not the entire organization. (06/04/03)
The failure to provide for postwar needs has deepened distrust of US intentions.
When Bush (sans flight suit) delivered a photo-op victory speech to the
men and women of the USS Abraham Lincoln, he solemnly noted, "We've
begun the search for hidden chemical and biological w
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box