Nation Topics - Iraqi Reconstruction and Occupation
News and Features
In response to the news that coordinated suicide bombs in Baghdad had
killed several dozen people and wounded 200, George W. Bush pointed to
the attacks as a sign of success.
One reason the Bush Administration gave for going to war in Iraq was
Saddam Hussein's alleged ties to terrorists.
In early October, Iraq's US-appointed Governing Council awarded the
country's first mobile phone licenses to three companies from the Middle
Iraq lies in ruin, the US military occupation is generating a sustained
guerrilla resistance, crime is rampant in Baghdad and an Iraqi civil war
along ethnic and religious lines is a real possi
In the end, George W. Bush got Congress to approve the $87 billion he
insisted on for the occupation and reconstruction of Iraq.
The people are asking for answers from the People's House.
On the ground with US troops in Iraq.
The basic mistake of American policy in Iraq is not that the
Pentagon--believing the fairy tales told it by Iraqi exile groups and
overriding State Department advice--forgot, when planning "reg
"The nerve! Not so! That word still rankles."
"You're sinking. I can't see your ankles."
"The thugs are here; we now just squeeze."
An imperial errand is not so hard to begin, not so easy to complete.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box