Nation Topics - Internet and New Media
News and Features
A new generation of civil rights activists depends on a free Internet.
Has digital technology destroyed leisure?
Despite its flaws, it was one of our few remaining journals of serious debate and opinion.
From the very beginning, the magazine has shown an eagerness to suck up to power.
How the well-meaning public became a handmaiden for terror.
The president calls for the reclassification of Internet services under telecommunications in the name of an open Internet.
Is it a series of tubes or a Coke bottle?
A look behind the mask reveals a naïve techno-utopianism.
There are limits to what the law can do to police cyberabuse.
Micah Sifry’s new book offers some answers, but misses important shifts in the power base of traditional progressive organizing.
- Patricia Arquette’s Equal Pay Message Needs a Drastic Rewrite
- A 2-Day Revolt at a Texas Private Prison Reveals Everything That’s Wrong with Criminalizing Immigration
- How ‘Islamic’ Is the Islamic State?
- Netanyahu’s Latest Falsehood: The US Didn’t Support the Establishment of Israel
- What Happens if You Refuse to Pay Off Your Student Debt?
Facebook Like Box