Nation Topics - Inequality
News and Features
After Friday’s violent clashes, the greatest conflict facing the movement may come from within.
For one-percenters like the Times columnist, city life has never been better.
What if, instead of accepting a future of climate catastrophe and private profits, we decide to change everything?
Hong Kong is one of the most unequal developed economies in the world. Now the mainland government wants to keep a tight grip on the territory’s political system too.
Hong Kong’s democracy movement stands at a crossroads.
Paul Ryan’s poverty plan uses old tricks to make deep cuts.
Both Republicans and Democrats want to solve economic insecurity by giving people more purchasing power. There’s a better solution.
While President Peña Nieto celebrates the Aztec Tiger, Mexico’s cartels reach deeper into the legal economy.
A super-wealthy few have successfully defeated all of their rivals—unions, the media, honest politicians, environmentalists—and now are free to do as they wish.
It’s not inevitable. Here are ten practical steps to reverse the growing trend.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box