Nation Topics - Inequality
News and Features
We need more than just a safety net. We need a blueprint to create good jobs for all.
A coalition of national, state and local organizations in 41 states is uniting around an agenda to put families first.
Americans were furious at the inequalities of their country 200 years ago. Could they get as angry today?
Richmond, Virginia, is the eleventh-most-unequal big city in the country; its leaders finally want to change that.
The “Third Wave” of democracy in the Global South went hand in hand with the spread of policies that hobbled the fight for greater economic equality from the outset.
Occupy Wall Street put inequality at the center of our politics. Only an independent movement will keep it there.
American journalism has lost its crusader instinct. Here’s how to get it back.
US journalism needs investigative reporting, and these are great places to start.
In the neighborhood where Cesar Chavez got his start, janitors, cooks and shuttle drivers are organizing to end the area’s inequality epidemic.
The president’s plan to make two years of community college free for some students could solve some of higher education’s most intractable problems.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’