Nation Topics - Historical Books
News and Features
Joseph Stiglitz's Freefall, Mark Weiss's The Whole Island and Robert Darnton's The Case for Books.
Climate scientist James Hansen's new book, Storms of My Grandchildren, looks at what's necessary to stop global warming.
Who was to blame for Clifford Irving's fake Howard Hughes autobiography? Irving, for sure, but don't forget the publishing industry.
Thomas Chatterton was the balloon boy of eighteenth-century British literary circles.
The maverick opinions of a a maverick reporter.
A conversation with the authors of On Kindness.
Why are so many people so scared? Maybe it's because of our rulers' enormous 'fear machine.' So says Eduardo Galeano, in this rare interview.
Folklorist Archie Green blows the dust off old coal-mining songs, revealing the souls of long-dead miners and their struggles to survive.
Percy Harrison Fawcett went to the Amazon looking for paradise. He never returned.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.