News and Features
Please forward widely: "An Open Letter About Emergency Contraception," by Katha Pollitt and Jennifer Baumgardner
My patient John Elias, with a fixed income from Social Security and a small pension, is a perfect candidate for prescription drug coverage.
Editorial tightening created the impression that two drug studies, by Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline, were one study by Pfizer. We regret the error.
This World AIDS Day we were greeted by new, more accurate data from the World Health Organization (WHO) confirming the astonishing scope of the global epidemic: Some 40 million are now infected,
The Medicare "reform" legislation just passed by Congress sends the program on a path to destruction.
Forty-four states in the United States today bar people with mental illnesses from voting.
Bus depots are one of many environmental culprits that contribute to health problems in poor communities of color.
The so-called clash of civilizations is not limited to militant Islam
against superpower Christianity, nor to wealthy nations opposed by a
multitude of poor ones.
Making the connections between food, family and the health of the
Click here to read more from Katha Pollitt.
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box