News and Features
Who Made a
Neurological Diagnosis of Terri Schiavo After Watching a Video of Her, Reports on a Physical Examination He's Done of Jeb Bush, His
Potential Rival for the 2008 Republican Presiden
With their handling of the heart-wrenching Terri Schiavo case, George W. Bush and his Republican allies in tragedy exploitation were awash in the currency of Washington: hypocrisy.
At Pittsburgh's Jefferson Elementary School, which overlooks the dark
gray plumes from two electric power plants, there are so many children
with asthma the school nurse alphabetizes the inhalers
Millions of young people are unprotected.
Call out the fifes, sound the bugles, strike on the drums. With the State of the Union behind us, the Battle for Social Security now officially begins--again.
Companies try to discredit the experts.
Click here for info on Kaplan's With God on Their Side: How Christian Fundamentalists Trampled Science, Policy, and Democracy in George W. Bush's White House (New Press).
Afif Sarhan, an Iraqi physician and journalist, contributed reporting for this article.
Dr. Deborah Richter has advocated state-sponsored health insurance for every Vermonter, at nearly fifty Rotary Clubs plus chambers of commerce and boardrooms.
But corporate America isn't buying.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Thomas Piketty and Millennial Marxists on the Scourge of Inequality
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- What the French E-mail Meme Reveals About America’s Runaway Culture of Work
Facebook Like Box