News and Features
Despite the president’s promise to cut funding to discredited HIV and pregnancy prevention programs, taxpayer dollars are still bankrolling anti-gay, anti-choice conservative religious groups.
There’s no telling how far religious exemptions will go under Justice Alito’s ruling.
Jails have become the front line for health problems that plague underserved communities in America. The Affordable Care Act provides an opportunity to improve continuity in treatment.
Since 2002, veterans have been committing murder individually and in groups, killing family, friends, strangers and—in appalling numbers—themselves.
The pathbreaking CHAMACOS study has detected developmental problems in children born to mothers who toiled in California’s treated fields—but will anything change?
By pouring money into politics, pesticide companies have beat back attempts to protect the public.
A major international commission probes the political origins of health inequities—and finds wealthy nations deserve much of the blame.
Slavery was the flywheel on which America’s market revolution turned—not just in the United States, but in all of the Americas.
The Obama administration’s inclination to rely on the private sector to solve major societal problems can lead to dysfunction, if not chaos.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.