News and Features
We support passage of the healthcare legislation, even as we urge the progressive community to begin the struggle immediately to correct its many flaws and improve its protections.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi has laid out a strategy to pass healthcare reform in the next couple of days. As usual, progressives are fretting that winning will make them look bad, while conservatives are baying for blood and calling for revolution.
Guest-hosting the Rachel Maddow Show, Nation DC editor Christopher Hayes talks to Rep. Diana DeGette on healthcare and Demos director Heather McGhee on consumer protection.
The latest moves on healthcare reform from Kucinich, Massa and Stupak.
Republicans attack government healthcare while trying to save Medicare.
How will healthcare reform affect the economy? This week on The Breakdown, Christopher Hayes talks to Ezra Klein to correct the misperceptions.
Former Obama adviser Marshall Ganz wonder why has it taken so long for Obama to settle on the most direct route to legislative victory on healthcare.
By Representative Bart Stupak's logic, the government is "subsidizing abortion" by building roads, developing medicine and providing childcare.
There's still a chance it can be resuscitated.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box