News and Features
Nearly $9 billion per year is spent locking up people struggling with mental illness.
A swift international response could have contained the outbreak.
While the Obama administration used cancer metaphors to sell a war, it ignored the spread of a real disease.
Decades of corruption have left Liberians suspicious of their government.
Recent militant action in Canada is leading a global movement to protect frontier resources.
The business press still insists on equating strong union organizing with communism.
Not if activists succeed in making the genetic modification of food politically unsustainable.
A man-made famine in South Sudan is brutal evidence of the limits of American nation-building in Africa.
Despite the president’s promise to cut funding to discredited HIV and pregnancy prevention programs, taxpayer dollars are still bankrolling anti-gay, anti-choice conservative religious groups.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box