News and Features
Rep. Jim McDermott of Washington is optimistic that it will come—if we give states the tools to adopt it at their own pace.
Want to help Texas women? African AIDS orphans? Here's how.
How the war changed Charlie.
Yes, it was a flawed compromise. But to achieve universal, humane healthcare for all, we first need effective implementation of the ACA.
The problems with the Affordable Care Act stem from government being too small and weak, not too big and powerful.
Young farm workers are falling ill from “green tobacco sickness” while the industry denies it and government lets it happen.
Under pressure, the Obama administration withdrew rules barring young laborers from dangerous work—a decision with grave consequences for several families.
The failures, though painful, might force both Republicans and the Obama administration to compromise.
The growing humanitarian catastrophe is not just an accidental outcome of the conflict—the Assad regime has been deliberately targeting healthcare infrastructure and personnel.
The discovery of pot’s astonishing medical potential is the most compelling new reason for legalizing the plant.
- The Coming ‘Instant Planetary Emergency’
- The Progressive Honor Roll of 2013
- Jonathan Ferrell, Former Football Player, Killed by Police After Seeking Help Following Car Wreck
- Why Is ‘The New Republic’ Taking Money From an NSA Contractor to Run Defenses of the NSA?
- De Blasio Takes Agenda National—Because He Has To