News and Features
As the most contagious disease on earth roars back, it’s time to embrace the most effective public health intervention we have.
Eula Biss’s On Immunity is a slipshod book full of brilliant moments.
These groups are already making a difference for women, victims of war, disease and violence—but they can do more with your help.
Newly filed documents reveal that the controversial evangelical organization is still getting federal funds to provide HIV prevention programs in Uganda and Zambia.
Bill Gates and a corps of Western donors are on a mission to rid Nigeria of the crippling virus, but the last cases have been hard to stamp out.
Of all the panicked and irrational reactions to Ebola, the outrageous treatment of volunteers like Kaci Hickox and Ryan Boyko is the most dangerous.
Obamacare Loses Power as a Campaign Issue
—Headline, The New York Times
Escalation is now a structural fact embedded in the war in the Middle East and the Ebola crisis here at home.
On Wednesday November, 5 at 7pm EST, Pollitt joins MSNBC’s Irin Carmon and the New School’s Terri Gordon for a live event.
- Patricia Arquette’s Equal Pay Message Needs a Drastic Rewrite
- A 2-Day Revolt at a Texas Private Prison Reveals Everything That’s Wrong with Criminalizing Immigration
- How ‘Islamic’ Is the Islamic State?
- Netanyahu’s Latest Falsehood: The US Didn’t Support the Establishment of Israel
- What Happens if You Refuse to Pay Off Your Student Debt?
Facebook Like Box