Nation Topics - Guns and Gun Control
News and Features
A message written in blood that no one wants to hear.
Who is being killed by firearms, and in what numbers?
“We want a movement,” says the mother of the teen who was killed by cops.
James Holmes’s rampage was horrifying, but it was not unfathomable.
CeaseFire Chicago, pioneered by an infectious disease expert, has been heralded as an unprecedented success. Will a summer spike in homicides threaten the program in other cities where it is just taking hold?
Yes, the NRA and ALEC pushed pro-gun bills, but they were helped in many instances by Democrats too afraid to take on one of the culture war’s signal issues.
As long as black men are assumed to be armed and dangerous, Stand Your Ground laws will produce more Trayvon Martins.
Here's what we know about the groups that help fund ALEC, the organization that drafted the law that keeps Trayvon Martin’s killer free.
An interview with Steve James and Alex Kotlowitz, directors of a new documentary on the shocking prevalence of violent crimes in inner-city America.
The drug war in Mexico has hit affluent, formerly stable cities that were once protected from the violence. The US's role in this? Supplying the weapons and demanding the drugs.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box