Nation Topics - Guns and Gun Control
News and Features
It's still unclear what motivated the Newtown shooter, but the small towns where such deadly outbursts tend to occur have some things in common.
In crafting laws after the horrifying killings in Connecticut, it’s crucial that we recognize our own collective trauma before we rush to act.
For the gun lobby, Newtown was evidence that more guns are necessary.
High-powered weapons you can buy with your groceries.
Three hundred million firearms are already in circulation in the United States. We need gun control solutions that deal with that reality.
The NRA’s dire warnings that the president is a threat to the Second Amendment are bogus—but profitable.
El país ha sido sacudido por dos asesinatos masivos en quince días, pero la posibilidad de restringir la circulación de armas sigue siendo tan remota como antes.
As the country reels from two mass shootings in two weeks, meaningful gun restrictions feel as far away as ever.
There is a certain kind of madness in peddling guns to Americans while dismantling our mental health system.
A message written in blood that no one wants to hear.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
Facebook Like Box