Nation Topics - Guns and Gun Control
News and Features
We have the ability to prevent another mass shooting. But do we have the will?
It's still unclear what motivated the Newtown shooter, but the small towns where such deadly outbursts tend to occur have some things in common.
In crafting laws after the horrifying killings in Connecticut, it’s crucial that we recognize our own collective trauma before we rush to act.
For the gun lobby, Newtown was evidence that more guns are necessary.
High-powered weapons you can buy with your groceries.
Three hundred million firearms are already in circulation in the United States. We need gun control solutions that deal with that reality.
The NRA’s dire warnings that the president is a threat to the Second Amendment are bogus—but profitable.
El país ha sido sacudido por dos asesinatos masivos en quince días, pero la posibilidad de restringir la circulación de armas sigue siendo tan remota como antes.
As the country reels from two mass shootings in two weeks, meaningful gun restrictions feel as far away as ever.
There is a certain kind of madness in peddling guns to Americans while dismantling our mental health system.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box