Nation Topics - Guns and Gun Control
News and Features
It's the wrong response to incidents like Newtown.
Rick Perlstein joins Bryce Covert and George Zornick to explore the serpentine shifts and strange bedfellows of gun control politics.
Democrats introduced a gun control bill on the first day of the new Congress. But can they overcome the NRA?
A massive recent spike in gun sales has boosted Walmart’s flagging profits, making it the top seller of firearms and ammunition nationwide.
We have the ability to prevent another mass shooting. But do we have the will?
It's still unclear what motivated the Newtown shooter, but the small towns where such deadly outbursts tend to occur have some things in common.
In crafting laws after the horrifying killings in Connecticut, it’s crucial that we recognize our own collective trauma before we rush to act.
For the gun lobby, Newtown was evidence that more guns are necessary.
High-powered weapons you can buy with your groceries.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth