Nation Topics - Guns and Gun Control
News and Features
It’s time to end the sale of military-style assault weapons to civilians.
Democrats like Joe Biden were responsible for some of the worst laws behind mass incarceration. Whatever our response to gun violence, a new war on crime is not the answer.
Will Obama's order to increase "school resource officers" funnel more of our students through the school-to-prison pipeline?
Let's face the truth: anyone with a gun can be a "bad guy." What we need is fewer guns, period.
The Roberts Court has shifted away from the very collective values and ideas that will be necessary to enact—and uphold—crucial policies on guns and mental health.
The Pentagon is intent on pursuing its own global version of the Second Amendment.
It's the wrong response to incidents like Newtown.
Rick Perlstein joins Bryce Covert and George Zornick to explore the serpentine shifts and strange bedfellows of gun control politics.
Democrats introduced a gun control bill on the first day of the new Congress. But can they overcome the NRA?
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.