News and Features
Wishful thinking and corporate greed are leading us down the wrong path to solving our climate crisis.
How about a 40 percent cut by 2030 based on 1990 levels?
The eulogies for peak oil came too soon.
As the IPCC sounds another alarm about climate change, solar energy supporters believe they have a solution.
World Energy in 2040.
The latest trend toward fossil fuels is dangerous for the entire planet, since China is the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases.
This mega-bestseller has been attacked repeatedly since its publication forty years ago, but its warnings about the climate were alarmingly prescient.
Efforts to reduce unemployment and curb inequality must be considered alongside urgent threats to the environment and democracy.
For decades, the World Bank pushed privatization of the power industry and assumed that energy services would "trickle down" to the poor.
Costly technologies have opened up new sources in the Western Hemisphere—but they pose immense environmental dangers.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box