News and Features
China must do two things at once: continue to industrialize while sharply limiting carbon emissions. Will its newfound focus on renewable energy technology be enough?
Can we calculate the true cost of our dependence on oil?
Deep water oil spills, shallow water spills, bursting pipelines: there's got to be a safer way to fulfill our energy needs.
How we can break our addiction to oil. With contributions from Michael T. Klare, Christian Parenti, Mark Hertsgaard and Christine MacDonald.
Why the United States needs a new national energy policy.
How Obama can use the government's purchasing power to spark the clean-energy revolution.
Louisiana can't go cold turkey: it can only wean itself off oil through an orderly transition.
The BP disaster could be the catalyst for an invigorated environmental movement.
Imagine that the cost you pay at the pump reflected not only the cost of gas without all of the government tax breaks and subsidies to the oil industry but also the political, health and environmental costs of drilling for oil.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box