News and Features
Few are asking the hard questions about what security we actually need—and how to keep track of the billions of dollars that the government pours into it.
Why did war hero Chuck Hagel get blocked, while Wall Street crony Jack Lew sailed through?
She vowed to make women’s rights a cornerstone of US foreign policy. How did she do?
A secret CIA drone base, a blowback world and why Washington has no learning curve.
A former FCC commissioner points out that the agency can simply enforce a campaign finance disclosure requirement that’s already on the books.
The decline of the progressive income tax and the rise of inequality.
In his inaugural speech, the president vowed to engage with other countries so as to "lift suspicion and fear." He should reach out to forge a more sane and sensible relationship with Cuba.
From Cuba to climate change to criminal justice, progressives must push the president to act—and forge a better future.
Nation readers provided good ideas—and a bit of wariness—when asked how Obamas should use his presidential authority.
Left undiscussed in the FTC’s investigation is the search giant’s ability to limit what we all read.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Walmart’s Pregnancy Policy May Make You Sick
- The Cops Hate Being Filmed. So Why Are They OK With Body Cameras?
- How to Survive a Cop Coup: What Bill de Blasio Can Learn From Ecuador
Facebook Like Box