News and Features
A bipartisan bill would end the NSA’s bulk data collection as we know it.
The failures, though painful, might force both Republicans and the Obama administration to compromise.
Will the Dems insist on a budget that addresses unemployment and inequality? Or will they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by seeking “common ground”?
He’s a fraud and a wacko bird, but at least the Texas senator has the courage of his convictions.
Who decides what’s “essential” during a government shutdown?
Think the Senate deal is a resounding defeat for Republicans? Think again.
America’s most vulnerable felt most of the pain.
Some wealthy individuals are using the government shutdown to promote a very different vision for America’s future.
And put an end to Republicans’ hostage-taking once and for all.
As the Republican Party becomes whiter and more Southern, obstructionist tactics are inevitable.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.