News and Features
Katrina vanden Heuvel, Joan Walsh and Zerlina Maxwell sat down with de Blasio to discuss universal pre-K, the Working Families Party convention and the role of mayors.
Members of Modi's Bharitaya Janata Party have demonstrated their power to oppresss Muslims, wade into censorship and police the arts.
With Senator Foreign Relations chairman and Cuba hawk Robert Menendez mired in scandal, the embargo could finally be lifted.
Despite some laudatory local and state efforts, taxpayer dollars are still being used to purchase clothes made in sweatshops.
With liberal hopes dashed in Washington, political energy is gathering in cities, where social change is actually possible.
A plea bargain, that is—it’s time to make a deal.
While trumpeting “pension reform,” the New Jersey governor placed retiree assets in the hands of hedge fund managers bankrolling his political career.
The successful smear campaign against him undermined a key principle of our justice system: that everyone is entitled to legal representation.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’