Nation Topics - Globalization
News and Features
CAFTA promises to extend the harmful impacts of NAFTA to Mexico's weaker southern neighbors.
You can't go home again.
This past November, along with six other members of the US Congress, I visited Mexico on a Teamsters-sponsored trip in order to assess what NAFTA has done to Mexico.
Where do we go from here?
On the tenth anniversary of the NAFTA accord, mainstream media accounts have voiced muted disappointment with its relatively meager effects.
It was as though US and Brazilian trade negotiators feared that if they spent one more minute in Miami, the fragile image of harmony they have struggled to project would shatter into a million p
The final FTAA declaration essentially lays out a road map for a free-trade non-agreement.
Media reports out of the Miami trade talks this week will no doubt
feature images of our carrot-topped lead negotiator, Robert Zoellick,
locked in toothy handshakes with Latin American counterp
Instead of blaming globalization for our economic ills, why not take it
He's challenging US-style globalization.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
Facebook Like Box