Nation Topics - George W. Bush
News and Features
Bush is soft-pedaling the idea of sacrifice as a way of making his war palatable to ordinary Americans. But the tactic isn't working all that well.
No State of the Union message can erase the world's dismal verdict on Bush and the Iraq War.
Can a single man force a nation to fight an unpopular war? Here's how
Congress can stand up to Bush.
It's not the surge we're worried about. It's the soldiers.
A challenge to the President's moral integrity, wayward policies and strategies as he leads the American people deeper into war.
Blocking Bush's escalation attempt is the first step toward bringing the troops home.
By ignoring his advisors and the will of the people, Bush is recklessly using American lives to salvage a delusional policy.
The surge is Bush's last throw of the dice. If it fails, he may decimate an exhausted Army and leave the nation without reserves.
A plethora of inside histories of Bush and the war have helped shape the political debate in recent months.
President Bush has said many dumb things in defense of his Iraq policy. Citing the Vietnam War as a model is his most ludicrous.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box