Nation Topics - Gender Issues
News and Features
To consider honor killing within Muslim communities a crime unto itself overlooks the patriarchal roots of much of the intimate partner violence perpetrated in the Western world.
How far have women come if a country like Canada permits a father to imprison his daughter in the cage of Saudi laws?
The first decade of filmmaking belonged to one woman alone: Alice Guy Blaché.
Feminist highs and lows of the first decade of the 2000s.
Incarcerated women have achieved a string of victories against inhumane treatment in childbirth. But what about access to healthcare for all pregnant women in prison, not just those in labor?
Can a tax on breast enhancements and liposuction be channeled to benefit the public good?
We can't stop looking at our first female political train wreck.
A Canadian judge allows the International Olympic Committee to trump Canadian equal rights law and keep women ski jumpers out of the Vancouver Olympics.
"Mainstreaming" a focus on women into all of the United Nations' work never happened. So will an agency for women ever get off the ground?
Is the campaign to fight female genital mutilation meeting new resistance not only in traditional societies but among Western anthropologists?
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box