Nation Topics - Gender Issues
News and Features
With a two-seat gain while chair of the DSCC and a successful effort to get a budget through the Senate under her belt, Patty Murray has become a major force in the Senate.
Feminism is not any single person or outcome, it’s a practice, and a far more active one than Valenti gives credit for.
In 2016, I’m casting my vote for a woman. Not because she’s guaranteed to be the most feminist candidate, but because I’m fed up.
Rehtaeh Parsons, Audrie Pott: these are victims of sexual violence who didn't survive.
Straight culture teaches its children that sex is either of the jungle or the picket fence.
For Betty Friedan, feminism was humanism: a question of growth, maturation and identity.
If the Catholic Church is to change, the first thing that needs to happen is no pope, and certainly not an infallible one.
Now that women will be on the front lines in combat, maybe the country is finally ready to put gender equality in the Constitution.
Outrageous GOP attacks on women could result in a repeat of the 1992 phenomenon, which saw an upsurge in women elected to Congress.
What's the matter with them? Do they have Stockholm syndrome?
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Walmart’s Pregnancy Policy May Make You Sick
- The Cops Hate Being Filmed. So Why Are They OK With Body Cameras?
- How to Survive a Cop Coup: What Bill de Blasio Can Learn From Ecuador
Facebook Like Box