Nation Topics - Gender Issues
News and Features
The transgender actress talks about trans representation in pop culture, social justice, and why "trans women supporting each other is revolutionary."
Where the group was born, in Ukraine, its naked protests made more sense—but in the Muslim world, the message is getting lost in translation.
With a two-seat gain while chair of the DSCC and a successful effort to get a budget through the Senate under her belt, Patty Murray has become a major force in the Senate.
Feminism is not any single person or outcome, it’s a practice, and a far more active one than Valenti gives credit for.
In 2016, I’m casting my vote for a woman. Not because she’s guaranteed to be the most feminist candidate, but because I’m fed up.
Rehtaeh Parsons, Audrie Pott: these are victims of sexual violence who didn't survive.
Straight culture teaches its children that sex is either of the jungle or the picket fence.
For Betty Friedan, feminism was humanism: a question of growth, maturation and identity.
If the Catholic Church is to change, the first thing that needs to happen is no pope, and certainly not an infallible one.
Now that women will be on the front lines in combat, maybe the country is finally ready to put gender equality in the Constitution.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box