Nation Topics - Gender Issues
News and Features
Amid the bad news for women, the year had its bright moments.
US forces used the plight of Afghan women to justify war—but twelve years later, women are still suffering.
As the wealth gap grows, so have the number of ways a woman can sell her body. What is the cost?
The transgender actress talks about trans representation in pop culture, social justice, and why "trans women supporting each other is revolutionary."
Where the group was born, in Ukraine, its naked protests made more sense—but in the Muslim world, the message is getting lost in translation.
With a two-seat gain while chair of the DSCC and a successful effort to get a budget through the Senate under her belt, Patty Murray has become a major force in the Senate.
Feminism is not any single person or outcome, it’s a practice, and a far more active one than Valenti gives credit for.
In 2016, I’m casting my vote for a woman. Not because she’s guaranteed to be the most feminist candidate, but because I’m fed up.
Rehtaeh Parsons, Audrie Pott: these are victims of sexual violence who didn't survive.
Straight culture teaches its children that sex is either of the jungle or the picket fence.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.