Nation Topics - Gender Issues
News and Features
By failing to connect the plight of trans women to the struggles of all women, feminists overlook the same culture of male entitlement they seek to combat.
So she was ambivalent at first. So were a lot of us.
Menopause isn’t “The Change,” she says. Instead, fertility is what’s unusual.
If Monica Lewinsky were a man, she would have transcended the Clinton scandal long ago.
We don’t know where sexualized violence falls in the terrible hierarchy of damage from this conflict, but we know it’s happening—and it’s important to gather evidence now.
While the Internet may create space for many voices, it also reflects and amplifies real-world inequities in striking ways.
At the current rate of progress, it will take nearly 500 years for women to reach fair representation in government.
As a former George Washington University basketball player and the first openly transgender Division I athlete, Kye Allums is no stranger to transgender ignorance in the media.
A new wave of female labor leaders are winning by thinking big.
Amid the bad news for women, the year had its bright moments.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
- Paul Ryan’s Faux Populism Isn’t Going to End Poverty or Reduce Inequality
- Why Is a Nice Network Like MSNBC Silencing Protest Over Pro-Israeli Coverage?
Facebook Like Box