Nation Topics - Gender Issues
News and Features
California’s affirmative consent law isn’t actually all that radical.
What is wrong with the men at the helm of the movement?
Read all the pieces in The Nation’s special issue on the new wave of racial justice organizing.
By failing to connect the plight of trans women to the struggles of all women, feminists overlook the same culture of male entitlement they seek to combat.
So she was ambivalent at first. So were a lot of us.
Menopause isn’t “The Change,” she says. Instead, fertility is what’s unusual.
If Monica Lewinsky were a man, she would have transcended the Clinton scandal long ago.
We don’t know where sexualized violence falls in the terrible hierarchy of damage from this conflict, but we know it’s happening—and it’s important to gather evidence now.
While the Internet may create space for many voices, it also reflects and amplifies real-world inequities in striking ways.
At the current rate of progress, it will take nearly 500 years for women to reach fair representation in government.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box