News and Features
Click here to read more from Katha Pollitt.
It may not do much good to beg her
To cast her vote for Schwarzenegger:
His flicks, the tales make pollsters rate her
A hater of the Terminator.
Bayard Rustin forged a remarkable career as a social activist. Briefly a
member of the Young Communist League, he repudiated communism but
remained a socialist throughout his life.
Eyal Press is working on
a book about the abortion wars in Buffalo, New York.
Through the corporate media's electronic collage of murders, sex
scandals, celebrity sightings and Pentagon-generated fantasy can be
heard a constant buzz--"war, terror, security"--but who know
If you want to read everything The Nation has ever published on the gay rights movement, click here for information on how to acquire individual access to The Nation Digital Archive.
In America, it is a civil institution, not a religious one.
If you want to read everything The Nation has ever published on abortion rights, click here for information on how to acquire individual access to The Nation Digital Archive.
"No Gods, No Masters," the rallying cry of the Industrial Workers of the
World, was her personal and political manifesto.
"I've been described as a tough noisy woman--a prizefighter--a
man-hater...a Jewish mother with more complaints than Portnoy.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box