News and Features
DC autonomy is now more likely than ever, and with it will come the lifting of a ban on Medicaid coverage of abortion for local women.
Women who care for poor kids are often mothers living in poverty themselves.
New York City mayoral candidate Christine Quinn says Anthony Weiner’s sexual behavior inspires disgust. In another era, hers would have too.
Smacking down the the latest anti-abortion fallacy.
Low-paid adjunct faculty, who are mostly female, have started unionizing for better pay—and winning.
After the defeat of DOMA, the LGBTQ movement needs to push beyond marriage equality.
The Supreme Court affirmed the rights of gay people just as it rode roughshod over the rights of African-Americans.
Everyone knows marriage is gendered. But divorce is where cultural stereotypes become law.
Hint: it’s not the marriage part.
By refusing to give up on a done deal, Texas feminists showed us what the future of pro-choice activism looks like.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box