News and Features
Gay marriage shows why we need to separate church & state.
A forum with Ellen Willis, Martha Fineman, Patricia Hill Collins, Judith Butler, Susan Brownmiller, E.J. Graff, Michael Eric Dyson, Judith Stacey and others.
As numerous reviewers of the overblown and over-remade remake of The Stepford Wives have pointed out, men do not really want to be married to robots.
In 1966 Valerie Solanas moved to New York City. At 30, she was already a woman with a difficult past. Growing up in New Jersey, she was molested by her father.
What a wonderful image of democracy and tolerance the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts has presented to the world by allowing same-sex marriages.
In the early 1980s, soon after the right-wing grassroots movement gave
us a Reagan presidency, I announced that I would be boycotting my
straight friends' weddings.
The marriage-equality movement confronts anti-gay sentiment among blacks.
By the most conservative estimates, the March for Women's Lives in
Washington on April 25 was the biggest pro-choice demo ever--and it may
have been the biggest march of any kind in US history.
Anyone who thinks the contemporary women's movement is dying, over or simply irrelevant will have to think again after yesterday's March for Women's Lives.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box